Carriage Hills Recommends Regular Pet Health & Wellness Care for Every Adult Cat
The cat: independent, intelligent, and revered throughout history. Carriage Hills Animal Hospital is dedicated to helping you create a positive relationship with your feline companion while supporting health and longevity. We design a wellness plan tailored to the needs of your cat and your life together.
East Montgomery pet owners visit our Vaughn Road Veterinary Clinic for the same extraordinary pet wellness care and a selection of essential services in an intimate setting.
Health & Wellness Care for Every Cat
Perhaps the most important part of caring for your pet is the regular wellness examination. We recommend healthy adult cats be seen twice annually while those with chronic illnesses, compromised immune systems, or senior pets may require more frequent exams.
These visits are important, an opportunity for your veterinarian to thoroughly examine your cat and identify problems early before they become more serious. This allows us to get to know you and your feline companion, so we can help you make the best decisions possible surrounding your pet’s care. Wellness visits are also a great time to discuss any concerns or questions you may have.
At the Wellness Exam
Your cat’s wellness exam involves a variety of steps:
- Vaccinations—Vaccines allow us to prevent or minimize common diseases, ultimately keeping your pet healthier. Your veterinarian recommends vaccines for your cat based on age, lifestyle, and history. Every effort is made to move toward a triennial vaccine interval as your pet ages.
- Parasite Prevention—Fleas, ticks, heartworms, and intestinal parasites all threaten your cat’s health. Some of these parasites can even affect people. Safe, effective preventive medications are prescribed depending on your pet’s individual needs. We strongly recommend Revolution, a product that protects cats from fleas, heartworm, ear mites, and more. Learn the truth about heartworms in cats and understand how HARD (Heartworm Associated Respiratory Disease) can harm your feline companion.
- Wellness screening—Blood work and fecal screenings allow us to monitor your cat for early signs of disease. These screenings can provide valuable information regarding overall health. They are also valuable in establishing a baseline for your pet as a reference, should he or she become ill.
- Spay or neuter services—Spaying or neutering is one of the easiest ways to add years to your cat’s life. Unaltered animals are much more likely to roam, increasing the risk of being hit by a car or lost. Spaying or neutering also greatly decreases the risk of certain kinds of cancer, an enlarged prostate gland, and uterine infections later in life.
- Dental care—Dental disease is one of the most common problems seen in our animal companions. Periodontal disease leads to bad breath, infections, and diseases of the heart and kidneys.
- Pet nutrition—A good diet is the foundation of a healthy pet. We discuss your cat’s nutritional requirements and recommend a diet plan tailored to his or her needs.
Learn what to expect from your pet wellness exams.