Montgomery AL Emergency Veterinary Hospital: 24-Hour Critical Care
For veterinary emergencies at any time, day or night:
We can help you prepare for a veterinary emergency, should you ever need us. Prompt medical attention is vital to obtaining a favorable outcome for a sick or injured pet. When an emergency occurs, a veterinarian is always on call at Carriage Hills Animal Hospital and our critical care unit is staffed around the clock.
Identifying a Pet Emergency
Sometimes it is hard to know when an emergency visit is warranted. The following is a list of pet problems that should be seen immediately:
- Seizures, fainting, or collapse of any kind
- Eye problems, no matter how small
- Vomiting or diarrhea that has occurred more than once in one hour
- Suspected allergic reactions, including swelling or hives
- Any suspected poisoning
- Trauma, such as being hit by a car, even if everything seems fine
- Respiratory problems, such as coughing or trouble breathing
- Straining to urinate or defecate
- Wounds or cuts, such as animal bites
- Heat exhaustion or freezing, even if your pet seems fine
When in doubt, please call the hospital for guidance and direction.
Contact the Vet in an Emergency
Whenever possible, we ask that you contact the hospital as soon as possible during a veterinary emergency. Calling ahead allows us to offer initial guidance and instruct you in first aid, while preparing for the patient’s arrival at the hospital.
Should your pet need to stay in the hospital, our highly trained and dedicated staff provides excellent and compassionate care. Hospitalized patients are monitored continuously to ensure they are recovering well, stable, and comfortable.
We offer advanced veterinary diagnostic technology to arrive at a quick, accurate diagnosis for your pet. Minimally invasive procedures are used whenever possible, to reduce trauma to the patient. This type of procedure is useful for diagnostic imaging and as a surgical technique.
Emergency Veterinary Surgery
If your pet requires emergency surgery, we offer the most advanced surgical techniques and technology available in the region. All patients are carefully screened for safety prior to surgery, and anesthetics are tailored to the specific needs of your pet.