Montgomery AL Soft Tissue & Orthopedic Veterinary Surgery for Your Dog, Cat, or Small Pet
Carriage Hills Animal Hospital is pleased to offer the highest quality veterinary surgery services in the area, including many advanced procedures. Our team of accomplished veterinarians offers extensive surgical experience for all of our patient species.
Veterinary Surgery for Special Pets
We offer the most advanced surgical techniques and technology available. All patients are carefully screened for safety prior to surgery, and anesthetics are specifically tailored to your pet’s needs. Surgical services include:
- Fully trained veterinary and technical staff
- Complete pre-anesthetic blood testing
- Heated surgery tables for greater comfort
- Advanced sterilization techniques
- ECG and oxygen saturation monitors
- Constant monitoring by an experienced surgical nurse
- Intensive care after surgery
All surgical patients receive an IV catheter and fluids to maintain hydration and regulate blood pressure. Pain management is vital to all surgical cases, and safety and comfort are of utmost importance.
Some of the more advanced procedures performed at CHAH include:
- Decompressive laminectomies
- Cruciate repair including tibial plateau leveling osteotomy (TPLO)
- Dental surgeries including root canals and other minor endodontics
- Minimally invasive surgeries (including laparoscopic spays)
Pet Anesthesia for Safety & Comfort
All our patients, whether here for a routine spay or a cutting-edge procedure, are treated with the utmost care and compassion. We understand your pets are part of your family and every precaution is made to ensure their safety.
While no anesthetic is without some inherent risk, we take special steps to provide the safest anesthesia experience possible.
- We perform pre-anesthetic blood work prior to surgery to screen for potential problems.
- All patients are anesthetized using a personalized anesthetic plan and receive intravenous fluids during surgery.
- Vital signs, including heart rate and rhythm, respiratory rate, blood pressure, and blood oxygen saturation are carefully monitored.
- A heated surgery table is used to ensure comfort during surgery.
- A dedicated anesthetic nurse closely supervises all patients during the surgical procedure and the recovery period afterward utilizing state-of-the-art monitoring equipment.
Pet Pain Control
We strongly believe that reducing pain and discomfort is essential, and each patient benefits from an individualized, multi-modal pain control plan. Patients spending the night after surgery are under the supervision of one of our expert staff members, so any signs of complications or pain can be addressed immediately.
Recovery from surgery, especially orthopedic procedures, can take time. Your veterinarian will work with you to detail a personalized plan for your pet that may include pain medications, nutraceutical supplements, and/or physical therapy to help decrease convalescence time.
Convenient East Montgomery Location
For services convenient to East Montgomery, our Vaughn Road Veterinary Clinic offers extraordinary veterinary medicine with a selection of surgical services to meet your essential pet care needs.