Many illnesses can’t be detected by a veterinary exam alone. In such cases, we perform tests and procedures that allow us to gather more information about your pet. Often, these tests enable us to make a fast, accurate diagnosis and initiate appropriate treatment as soon as possible.
Some of the veterinary diagnostic services we offer include:
- Full in-house laboratory—To perform full blood chemistries, complete blood cell counts, electrolyte analysis, and urinalysis within minutes
- Digital radiography (X-rays)—Allow us to evaluate your pet’s musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, digestive, urinary, and reproductive systems, as well as provide detailed images of the mouth and teeth
- Advanced imaging—Provides contrast radiography and myelography, as well as access to MRI services
- Ultrasound—Uses non-invasive sound waves to gain detailed images of the organs, particularly useful for evaluation of the heart, abdominal organs, and reproductive system
- Endoscopy—Uses fiber optics to visualize your pet’s oral cavity, esophagus, stomach, colon, and the upper small intestine and perform minimally invasive procedures
- Laparoscopy—Endoscopic surgery using rigid scopes to visualize the internal organs through a very small incision
At Carriage Hills, we maintain a wide range of diagnostic capabilities on site. Many veterinarians in Central Alabama refer their complex cases to our hospital for these diagnostic and specialty services. In addition, we use the services of a certified commercial veterinary laboratory with a reputation for excellence.
In Montgomery, Alabama, our state-of-the-art Vaughn Road Veterinary Clinic offers extraordinary diagnostic services in an intimate setting.